10% OFF :
Our Petra tours from Israel departs in the morning from Eilat to Petra in Jordan.
You will be picked up from your Eilat hotel (or from the Eilat airport) at 7:30 a.m.
At 8 a.m. our representatives and Petra tour guide on our Petra tours from Israel will meet you at the Arava border crossing, and will arrange your visa and assist you in the border crossing.
Once we have crossed the border and entered Jordan, the deluxe vehicles (A/C included) on our Petra tours will drive you to Petra through the Desert Highway for 80 km, stopping on the way at a local guesthouse. We proceed for another 35 km through the King’s Highway, until we reach the Prince Hassan Palace, where we stop to take in the grand view of Petra’s mountains and reach the visitor’s center.
Our Petra tour guide will then escort you on the magical route into Petra, entering the city through the Siq, and reaching one of the Jordan’s most astonishing and dramatic monuments: Petra’s Treasury. We also visit the theatre, the tombs and facades and the colonnaded street. Our Petra tour guide will offer interesting and illuminating information regarding the Nabatean city, as he/she shows you the highlights of this unique city.
We will then have an open buffet lunch at the Nabatean's Tent Restaurant, and later return to the city of Petra, where you will have time for shopping at the Bedouin bazaars before we drive back, marking the end of our Petra tours.
You then have the option to drive back to the Arava border and return to Eilat, or to drive to Aqaba to finish the day with a tour of the city.
Our Petra tours are tailored to those who are already in Israel, or plan to come here. We offer you the opportunity to experience Petra with full comforts, as part of your visit to the region. Petra is conveniently close to Eilat and allows you to go on Petra tours in the morning and be back at your hotel already in the evening on the same day. If you want to experience the magnificent historical place that is Petra, go on a day tour with Egged Tours.
Find out below what our Petra Tours from Israel do and do not include:
Transportation, assistance at the Arava border crossing, tour guides, entrance fees and lunch.
Personal expenses, soft drinks, departure tax and tips. Languages other than English are available for an extra cost. We recommend you have cash available for border fees and tips, namely a $59 US special fee for crossing the Israel-Jordan border for one-day tourists. Border fees may change due to currency-rate changes.
1. Have a valid Passport and landing card available when you reserve (We require your passport number, place and date of issue, date of birth and expiry date for reservation).
2. Voucher and visa/tax/tip money - in cash only (payable in U.S dollars, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
3. Very warm clothing in winter, cool comfortable clothing and head covering in summer.
4. Good walking shoes.
5. No food or drink (water included) is allowed across into Jordan.
6. Lunch will be late, so please have breakfast before departure.
7. Personal insurance is not included.
8. There will be a 50% cancellation fee for cancellations made 24 hours or less prior to departure.
9. Enjoy your Petra Tour from Israel!
- Flights to and from Eilat are available: Sunday to Thursday
Hans from Aarau, Switzerland
Jane from West Hartford, United States
Carmine from Gräfendorf, Germany
Anastasia from Speyer, Germany
Mike S Atlanta, Georgia USA
M. London, United Kingdom
Egged Tours LLC, Haavoda 11
Rosh Hayyin, Israel, Zip Code- 48017